PUERTO RICO, PERU, COSTA RICA, MEXICO
Latin America is a growing and important region for international business. In response to COVID, supply chain failures and rising Asian production costs, many multinational businesses are moving their operations from Asia to Latin America.
This study abroad will bring students to the four major regions of Latin America: The Caribbean, North America, Central America, and South America. We will learn about business there by visiting companies and talking with their senior leaders. In addition, you will visit some UNESCO cultural sites of Latin America, such as Machu Picchu, Castillo San Felipe del Morro, and Chichen Itza.
BUSINESS VISITS (tentative):
• Puerto Rico, Johnson and Johnson (manufacturing) and the US Customs and Border Control (international shipping)
• Peru, OOCL ocean shipping (international shipping), Callao Port (international shipping)
• Costa Rica, Walmart Central America (retail distribution), Cargill (wholesale distribution)
• Mexico, Hong Ho (international purchasing for Adidas, manufacturing), Porto Progreso (International shipping)
• Puerto Rico: Castillo San Filipe del Morro (UNESCO SITE), La Parguera
• Peru: Machu Picchu (UNESCO SITE). Lima Basilica cathedral
• Costa Rica: Arenal Volcano National Park and hot springs, Manuel Antonio National Park and Beach
• Mexico: Chichen Itza (UNESCO SITE), Telchac beach
Click here to apply today!