Semester/Term Over Hours Request
If you want to take more than the allowed number of credits in a semester or term, you need to request an over hours approval by filling out the form below. This would mean you want to take 18.5-21 credits during a fall or winter semester or 9.5-11 credits during a spring or summer term.
To request an over hours approval a student must:
- be in good academic standing in order to be considered
- have completed at least one semester on campus
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Fill out and submit the over hours approval form below.
- Once submitted, your request will be sent to the Kennedy Center Advisement Office for consideration.
- You will be contacted by the Advisement Office letting you know if your request has been approved, denied, or if more information is needed to make a decision.
- The Kennedy Center Advisement Office can only approve up to 21 hours in a semester or 11 in a term. Any requests that exceed these credit hours will need to be petitioned through the BYU Registrar Office.
- If your over hours request is approved, you will only be allowed to register for your additional credits on the first day of the semester or term. You can register for your first 18 hours/9 hours beginning at your typical registration date and will then add your extra hours on the first day of classes.
Request an Appointment
Hours: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Closed for university devotional (Tuesdays 11 AM–12 PM)