- Fill out the Petition to Add a Second Major and visit the advisement center of your proposed secondary major. Please get the secondary major advisor's signature before step 2. (Some majors [i.e. French, Russian, etc.] may require you to get permission from the department before meeting with the secondary major advisor and the primary major advisor.) If the Kennedy Center is your proposed secondary major advisement center, make an appointment with an academic advisor by requesting an appointment online, emailing email@example.com, calling (801) 422-3548, or visiting 273 HRCB.
- Set up a meeting with your primary major's advisement center to submit your petition (if your primary major is in the Kennedy Center, follow the instructions above to request an appointment with Kennedy Advisement).
- If your primary major is in the Kennedy Center, a committee will review your petition once it is submitted.
- If denied, your advisor will work with you to explore other options.
- If approved, you will be notified through email and the second major will be added to your transcript. Please note: only your primary major will be on your diploma.
- After approval, a registration hold will be placed on your records starting the semester after your proposed graduation date.
Request an Appointment
Hours: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Closed for university devotional (Tuesdays 11 AM–12 PM)
overrideBackgroundColorOrImage= overrideTextColor= overrideTextAlignment= overrideCardHideSection= overrideCardHideByline= overrideCardHideDescription= overridebuttonBgColor= overrideButtonText= overrideTextAlignment=