Skip to main content

Academic Program

The Global Environmental Studies Minor

The Global Environmental Studies minor is open to all undergraduate students enrolled at Brigham Young University. Because GES is interdisciplinary and applies environmental perspectives to any subject, the GES minor complements almost any major a student might choose.

How can I declare a minor?

Students who want to declare a Global Environmental Studies minor should visit the advisement center for their major. If you don't have a major yet, you can declare the GES minor at the University Advisement Center (2500 WSC, ph# 801-422-3826, or e-mail To receive advice about the minor, contact George Handley at or an advisor in Kennedy Center Advisement (273 HRCB, ph# 801-422-3548, or e-mail

To learn more about the minor, see the Global Environmental Studies minor requirements.