We’re back! Every BYU student who participated on a BYU International Study Program is eligible to enter photographs for this year’s competition. Students should submit compelling photographs that reveal learning on your BYU internship, study abroad, fields school, or direct enrollment program. The best photos will demonstrate global understanding and awareness.
- You must be a full-time BYU student to participate.
- All entries must be photos taken between fall 2021 and summer 2022.
- Entries are limited to three (3) per person.
- Images may not be digitally altered beyond standard optimization, such as cropping and color/contrast adjustments. Black and white photos are acceptable.
- Submissions MUST be at least 4.0 MB, but 5.0 MB or larger image files are strongly encouraged. Submissions not meeting the size requirements will not be considered. Acceptable digital files: JPG and TIFF formats.
- Submissions should be labeled with the student’s last name as the file name. For example, if the student’s name was Miguel Santamaria, and the student was submitting three images, they should be titled “santamaria1.jpg, santamaria2.jpg, santamaria3.jpg.”
- Submit images by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 1 October 2022 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and BYU ID, either the semester and ISP program in which you participated or if you are documenting from home, where the photo was taken, and a title and description for the image. Please be careful to include all information.
- A $1,000 cash prize will be awarded for “Best in Show” and other cash amounts will be awarded to the runners-up and honorable mentions. Winners will be notified via e-mail, and all participants will be invited to the Awards Ceremony.
- Winning photos will be displayed in the south hall gallery of the David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies.
- Submitted photos may also be used by the Kennedy Center for print, online, social media, marketing, or other promotions.
- The Kennedy Center reserves the right to refuse any entry.