Enter to Win
Every BYU student who participated in a BYU International Study Program between fall 2022 and summer 2023 is eligible to enter photographs for a chance at winning $1,000 in this year’s competition. Students should submit compelling photographs that reveal learning on their BYU internship, study abroad, field school, or direct enrollment programs. The best photos will demonstrate global understanding and awareness.
- You must be an enrolled full-time BYU student to participate.
- All entries must be photos taken between fall 2022 and summer 2023.
- Entries are limited to three (3) per person.
- Images may not be digitally altered beyond standard optimization, such as cropping and color/contrast adjustments. Black and white photos are acceptable.
- Submissions MUST be at least 4.0 MB, but 5.0 MB or larger image files are strongly encouraged. Submissions not meeting the size requirements will not be considered. Acceptable digital files: JPEG and TIFF formats.
- Submissions should be labeled with the student’s last name as the file name. For example, if the student’s name was Miguel Santamaria, and the student was submitting three images, they should be titled “santamaria1.jpg, santamaria2.jpg, santamaria3.jpg.”'
- Application opens on Monday, 2 January 2023. Submit images by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, 2 October 2023 via this Google Form. You will need to know your BYU ID number, the semester and ISP program in which you participated, and have a title and description for each image you submit.
- A $1,000 cash prize will be awarded for “Best in Show” and other cash amounts will be awarded to the runners up and honorable mentions. Winners will be notified via e-mail, and all participants will be invited to the Awards Ceremony.
- Winning photos will be displayed in the south hall gallery of the David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies in the Herald R. Clark Building (HRCB).
- Submitted photos may also be used by the Kennedy Center for print, online, social media, marketing, or other promotions.
- The Kennedy Center reserves the right to refuse any entry.
On Display Now
The Kennedy Center Photo Contest provides an opportunity for students enrolled in a BYU International Study Program to show global awareness, understanding, and perspectives through original photography. Come see the most recent winners hanging in the south hall gallery of the Herald R. Clark Building or view them below!