The David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies invites BYU students to apply to become Kennedy Research Fellows. Students accepted into the program will be awarded a $1,000 fellowship and will be given the opportunity to present their papers as part of the Kennedy Center’s ongoing lecture series.
To apply, please submit a completed paper reporting your research results. While all substantive, original academic research will be considered, preference will be given to research that is international in scope or topic and that corresponds with the selected theme of an ongoing or future lecture series.
In choosing the fellows, the selection committee will consider the following criteria:
• The submitted paper should be polished and report the results of research that has already been completed. This is not an award that funds a future research project.
• The paper should contain original research, utilizing the methodology and research design of the student’s discipline.
• Papers that are primarily descriptive, such as literature reviews of existing research, will not be judged as favorably.
• The student should be the sole (or in some cases lead) author of the study. The award is not designed for papers that are the result of group or class projects.
• Any BYU student may submit a paper, but preference will be given to submissions by undergraduate students.
Lecture Series Theme
Race: Myth and Reality (winter 2021). Submission due date: 19 March 2021