Freelance translator (preferably multilingual) to provide translations of documentation (billing and/or medical reports) that support the U.S. Veteran Affairs Department serving veterans and their family members living in the U.S. and foreign countries.
Global Dynamics, LLC is specifically seeking Norwegian, Finnish, and Swedish speakers, right now. Translators will work from home and deliver translations from the target language to English (or vice versa as per request) from their own computer, logging into and using a Veteran Affairs remote access system. The access system is open for translations to be delivered seven days a week, twenty-four hours/day. Translation delivery must be done within five to seven business days.
Additionally, those hired will need to go to the VA Office in Salt Lake City (at their own expense) two times—one for training and one to obtain badges. The company will pay the cost of the clearance needed. Long-term commitment and availability, for the next few years, is preferred.
1. U.S. citizenship, living in the U.S.—must pass background check for clearance.
2. Proficient writing skills in English (ILR 2+ and above).
3. Native reading and writing proficiency in target language (ILR 3 and above).
4. Good computer skills: Microsoft Office and search engines.
5. Must have own stable Internet connection and good computer.
6. Available on demand via call or e-mail.
7. Good time-management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
8. Willing to complete a recertification training as required by the VA every year.