In order to help you prepare and be ready to compete in the BYU Model United Nations Conference, we have provided documents to help you research, write, and practice. These documents will aid in your preparation and provide a reference during the conference.
- Delegate Prep Guide
- This document outlines the day of the conference and provides important information to students who will be competing in the conference. All participating schools should go over this document in detail with their students prior to the day of the conference.
- Parliamentary Procedure Guide Sheet
- Resolution Writing Guide
- Six Steps for Effective Country Research and Representation
- We hope you come to this conference with a deep understanding of your country. This sheet provides ideas and a road map on how to obtain that understanding.
- Position Paper Guide
- Before you come to the conference, you will be expected to produce a paper detailing the position of your country on certain issues. Follow these guidelines to answer basic questions about the format, style, and content of resolution papers.
- Position Paper Template
- Before you come to the conference, you will be submitting position papers that reflect your country’s political position on the committee’s topics and includes ideas on how to solve the problem. Use this template to ensure correct formatting.
Download BYUMUN29 Delegate Prep Guide, or if you have specific questions regarding these documents or would like to have individual training at your school, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck delegates!