We are looking for new students to join our team and act as peer mentors during the fall 2012 and winter 2013 semesters. Below are guidelines for what we are seeking:
• Students willing to volunteer 5–10 hours/week as peer mentors
• Receive training to provide basic resume and cover letter review and to administer mock interviews to fellow students on campus
• Flexible schedule; prefer blocks of 2–3 hours any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
• Prefer students willing to commit to both fall and winter semester; schedule can change between semesters
• Internship credit may be available depending on student’s major/academic department.
Interested students should visit http://careers.byu.edu and familiarize themselves with Career Services prior to applying and then apply by submitting a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Gestures and Cultural Memory in the Near East," David Calabro, PhD, University of Chicago, 11:00 A.M., 171 JSB, flyer
"ISIS, Ebola, and Bodies that Fell from the Sky: A View of Global Crises from the UN," Somini Sengupta, UN bureau chief, New York Times, NOON, 238 HRCB, flyer
"New Europe vs. Old Europe: What Can the EU Do in the Ukraine Crisis?" Stefan Biedermann, deputy consul, German Consulate in Los Angeles, 2:00 P.M., 238 HRCB, flyer
The Eye (Cantonese, Thai, Mandarin), Tuesday, 28 October, 5:00 P.M. lecture, 5:30 P.M. screening; Friday, 31 October, 8:30 P.M., Saturday, 1 November, 2:30 P.M., flyer
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Silent, German), Tuesday, 28 October, 7:30 P.M.; Friday, 31 October, 5:00 P.M.; Saturday, 1 November, 11:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., flyer
Hotel (German), Wednesday, 29 October, 5:30 P.M.; Friday, 31 October, 6:45 P.M.; Saturday, 1 November, 12:45 and 6:15 P.M., flyer