We are looking for new students to join our team and act as peer mentors during the fall 2012 and winter 2013 semesters. Below are guidelines for what we are seeking:
• Students willing to volunteer 5–10 hours/week as peer mentors
• Receive training to provide basic resume and cover letter review and to administer mock interviews to fellow students on campus
• Flexible schedule; prefer blocks of 2–3 hours any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
• Prefer students willing to commit to both fall and winter semester; schedule can change between semesters
• Internship credit may be available depending on student’s major/academic department.
Interested students should visit http://careers.byu.edu and familiarize themselves with Career Services prior to applying and then apply by submitting a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Info Session, 11:00 A.M., 151 HRCB; students applying for FLAS are strongly encouraged to attend one of these Thursday sessions, flyer
"Evolution of the Family in Senegal," (in French) Fatou Diop Sall, president of the Commission on Gender and Equity, Gaston Berger University, sponsored by the French Department, 11:00 A.M., B192 JFSB, flyer
"Everything You Wanted to Know about Intelligence (But Don’t Know Who to Ask)," Bradford J. Bruton, retired CIA officer, 2:00 P.M., 238 HRCB, flyer
"Women's Rights vs. Traditions in West Africa," Fatou Diop Sall, president of the Commission on Gender and Equity, Gaston Berger University, sponsored by Women’s studies, NOON, B092 JFSB, flyer
"French Diplomacy in the 21st Century," Pauline Carmona, consul general of France, San Francisco, NOON, 238 HRCB, flyer
The Chinese Mayor, 2:00 6:00 P.M., B192 JFSB Education in Zion auditorium; Q&A and a reception with the Producer Zhao Qi and Professor Eric Hyer before the screening, flyer
The Twilight Samurai (Japanese), Tuesday, 27 January, 5:00 P.M. lecture, 5:30 P.M. screening; Wednesday, 28 January, 8:00 P.M.; Friday, 30 January, 9:30 P.M., Saturday, 31 January, 3:30 P.M., flyer