We are looking for new students to join our team and act as peer mentors during the fall 2012 and winter 2013 semesters. Below are guidelines for what we are seeking:
• Students willing to volunteer 5–10 hours/week as peer mentors
• Receive training to provide basic resume and cover letter review and to administer mock interviews to fellow students on campus
• Flexible schedule; prefer blocks of 2–3 hours any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
• Prefer students willing to commit to both fall and winter semester; schedule can change between semesters
• Internship credit may be available depending on student’s major/academic department.
Interested students should visit http://careers.byu.edu and familiarize themselves with Career Services prior to applying and then apply by submitting a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-August Lunch (Italian), Wednesday, 22 May, 7:00 P.M.; Friday, 24 May, 5:00 and 8:45 P.M.; Saturday, 25 May, 5:00 P.M., see flyer
The White Balloon (Persian), Wednesday, 22 May, 5:00 P.M.; Friday, 24 May, 6:45 P.M.; Saturday, 25 May, 3:00 and 6:45 P.M., see flyer
Jane Eyre (English), Wednesday, 29 May, 5:00 P.M.; Friday, 31 May, 4:30 and 9:45 P.M.; Saturday, 1 June 5:45 P.M., see flyer
Cyrano de Bergerac (French), Wednesday, 29 May, 7:30 P.M.; Friday, 31 May, 7:00 P.M.; Saturday, 1 June 3:00 and 8:15 P.M., see flyer
7–8 June watch Highland Dancing, a performance demonstrating the stamina of a top athlete and the artistry of a dancer, Thanksgiving Point Electric Park, 3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, see web site
"Space or Heaven? C.S. Lewis, Narnia, and the Planets," Michael Ward, senior research fellow, Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford, 7:30 P.M., Blue Boar Lecture Theatre, Christ Church College, 64 St. Giles, Oxford, England; a light reception will follow the lecture and Q&A, see flyer
Enjoy learning to Latin dance, 9:00–10:00 P.M., Southworth Hall, 116 West Center St, Provo, $5