Application deadline: Wednesday, 15 February 2012
The Institute for International Public Policy’s unique combination of short seven-week summer global policy institutes: a unique study abroad experience focusing on global public policy, service and research; and a proactive and culturally sensitive approach to minority education that fosters international service and nonprofit sector leadership provides the program with the means to meet the needs of its diverse students and help them succeed.
The institute also provides outreach, recruitment and technical assistance services, as well as offering HBCUs and other minority institutions valuable resources to strengthen their international studies and globalization infrastructures.
Eligibility requirements from undergraduate sophomores include the following:
- Are enrolled full-time at an accredited four–year baccalaureate-granting institution
- Are U.S. Citizens or legal residents (documentary support required)
- Have a minimum 3.2 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Possess excellent critical analysis and leadership skills
- Have a strong demonstrated interest in international affairs, public policy and language training
- Are an underrepresented minority (African American, Hispanic, Asian American, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander)
- Plan to seek admission to an advanced degree program in international affairs
See web site for details and application.
Blog RSS Feed