Info session: Tuesday, 1 September, 4:00 p.m., 447 TNRB (Eccles Room)
On-Campus Internships: Working for professional companies on campus.
• Relevant Work: Related to your major.
• Real-World Experience: 6–9 Hours/week
• Great Companies: Big, small and non-profit
• Great Rewards: Resume builder and 3 class credit hours.
Internships for all majors and guaranteed acceptance! Apply now and learn more at OCI.BYU.EDU, or add BUSM 494R to your schedule. Attend the info session for more information or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Monday, 15 June
This is an opportunity in the Slavic, Pashto, and Persian Languages (SPP) Division within the School of Language Studies (SLS) in the Foreign Service Institute of the U.S. Department of State. The successful candidate will manage several (non-Russian) Slavic language programs and must pass certifications to administer and score official proficiency tests. Using professional linguistic skills, the language training supervisor will manage and direct a long-term training program; recruit, train, and develop language and culture instructors; and monitor language training program(s) to bring students to high levels of language proficiency. To apply, visit the web site.
Enroll for Fall 2015!
STDEV 364 (3 credits) T/Th 1:00-2:15
Learn more about conflict resolution through mediation. Whether you are interested in international or domestic conflict, training in mediation can provide important skills that will help you in your personal, academic, and professional life. The class is highly interactive and includes numerous simulations that provide students the opportunity to not only learn but to apply mediation skills. Students who successfully complete the course will:
- Know and apply the phases of the basic mediation process
- Know how to prepare for a mediation session and be able to present the essential elements of a mediator’s opening statement
- Be able to identify issues and interests of the parties and set an agenda for the mediation session
- Be able to skillfully conduct a mediation conference with joint and private meetings, allowing the disputing parties uninterrupted time for expressing viewpoints and interactive time to effectively exchange information, arguments, and offers of settlement
- Be able to assist the parties in building and writing an agreement and to properly close the mediation session
- Understand the basic rules of behavior for the parties in a mediation session and the common ethical practices of mediators
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is seeking a program assistant for the MENA Region based in Amman, Jordan. See the job posting for responsibilities and requirements for the job, as well as application instructions.
IDLO enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
Ashoka’s partner organization, Student Language Exchange (SLE), is hiring a full-time campus manager to expand operations into new universities this year. Recent grads and those interested in social innovation particularly sought after!
Be part of a dynamic D.C.-based leadership team reporting directly to the executive director. You will develop campus partnerships and support universities as they launch SLE programs and be responsible for the continued development of our chapters. You will manage a team of highly qualified volunteers that continually contribute to our online and offline resources. In this role, you will create highly replicable programs to revolutionize language learning and global engagement at American universities. Learn more . . .