You’re on your way to an adventure! Your time abroad will hopefully give you new insights and expose you to new ways of thinking. You will have the chance to examine your own culture and beliefs in a new light. We hope you enjoy your international study program and have some life changing experiences. There are a lot of people who would love to know what it’s like to spend time studying or interning in a foreign place, so ISP’s blog features stories from our students who are abroad! We would love to include your stories, so send us a link to your blog!
Here’s the deal:
If you have a blog or are planning on blogging during your time abroad, send the following to email@example.com:
- The link to your blog
- Your name, major, and year in school
- The name of the program you are attending
- A sentence or two explaining why you decided to go on your program (optional).
We’ll include the link and a little blurb about you on our ISP blog. This is a great way to increase traffic to your blog, and it lets students and parents see how awesome BYU’s international study programs are! Student blogs will occasionally be featured on the ISP Facebook page, as well as the ISP web site!
Don’t have a blog?
Start one! There are so many free, easy-to-use options you can find online. There’s no best option, just find what works for you and be creative! Check out some of the possibilities here.
What should I write about?
Blogs are a great way to document and remember your incredible experiences abroad. Include anything from a “day in the life” to a reflection on things you’ve learned, an artistic series of photos, a poem, or an essay. You can explain about an exquisite food you eat, how you pack your bags, something new that you discover about yourself, or the culture shock you experience when you arrive. Consider including a short video or sound clip to tell or add depth to your story. Be creative! ISP tends to feature blogs that include the following:
- Engaging storytelling
- Compelling photographs
- Insightful and respectful analysis of culture
- Artistic format
- Demonstration of the unique worth of international study experiences
Rules of the Game:
In order for your blogs to be included on the ISP Blog, please make sure they adhere to the following guidelines:
- The majority of your posts should include at least one photo!
- All posts must be the original creation of the sender.
- All content must comply with the standards in the BYU Honor Code, including dress and grooming.
- Content may not be offensive or culturally insensitive.
- The David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies has the rights to use submissions for any ISP business, marketing outreach, and social media.
If you have any questions email Kailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your blogs! Have a fantastic trip!