The annual Kennedy Center Photo Contest invites compelling photographs from students who participated in BYU International Study Programs. Photos should capture the cultural essence of a global academic experience.
- All entries must be photos taken while the participant was traveling or living abroad on a BYU International Study Program during fall 2017 or winter, spring, summer 2018.
- Entries are limited to three (3) per person.
- Images may not be digitally altered beyond standard optimization, such as cropping and color/contrast adjustments. Black and white photos are acceptable.
- Submissions MUST be at least 4.0 MB, but 5.0 MB or larger image files are strongly encouraged. Submissions not meeting the size requirements will not be considered. Digital files are acceptable in JPG and TIFF formats.
- Submissions should be labeled with the student’s last name as the file name. For example, if the student’s name was John Smith, and the student was submitting three images, they should be titled “smith1.jpg, smith2.jpg, smith3.jpg.”
- Submit images by midnight on Monday, 1 October 2018 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and BYU ID, the semester and ISP program in which you participated, where the photo was taken, and a title and description for the image. Please be careful to include all information.
- A $1,000 cash prize will be awarded for “Best in Show” and other cash amounts will be awarded to the runners up and honorable mentions. Winners will be notified via e-mail, and all participants will be invited to an awards ceremony.
- Winning photos will be displayed in the southwest hall gallery of the David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies.
- Submitted photos may also be used by the Kennedy Center for print, online, or other promotions.
- The Kennedy Center reserves the right to refuse any entry.